[mrtg] Re: Problem reading Breezecom WB10

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Tue Sep 21 21:47:23 MEST 2004

Defaults -----^^^^^^^^^^^^

> #------------------------------------------------------------
> # Quayside Wireless Bridge RSSI  %
> Target[172.17.21.128.rssi]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.710.3.2.3.1.3&1.3.6.1.4.1.710.3.2.3.1.3:public at 172.17.21.128
> MaxBytes[172.17.21.128.rssi]: 100
> #AbsMax[172.17.21.128.rssi]: 100
> Options[172.17.21.128.rssi]: gauge,nopercent,noi
Overrides defaults ------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which is fine, but if you're expecting "growright", you won't get it on
this graph. You don't have "bits" and that's good, it won't do you well
here. Certainly not the cause of your problem but just wanted to let you
know.

When you run MRTG do you get any error message or does it just run as if
nothing went wrong?

Your maxbytes is only 100, is that enough?

In your previous message you said you ran an SNMWALK and got what you
wanted, but in reality you need to run an SNMPGET on that OID to verify
its working for you. a WALK will get an instance below yet it will look
like the OID you walked worked. Hard to verbalize but trust me, you will
  easily eliminate a potential glitch quickly by using a GET instead of
a WALK.

Other than that, I have no suggestions.

HTH,

Eric Brander