[mrtg] SNMP Setup - where is snmpconf

Rod Miller lists-rqm at advancia.com
Tue Sep 21 21:51:54 MEST 2004

In the process of attempting to set up mrtg, I am trying to set up snmp on a
test box. I see that I need to create an snmpd.conf file and that the man
page for snmpd.conf instructs me to run snmpconf -g basic_setup. I have also
located an FAQ file in the net-snmp folder on my box and it refers to the
same thing. Typing snmpconf at the command line is not recognized and I have
been unable to locate a file by that name anywhere on my system.

I am running Redhat Linux 9.0. Can anyone give me some direction on this. I
have been following the mrtg instructions with a fair amount of success
until I came to this point.

Thanks,

Rod