[mrtg] Re: Multi-Config Confussion!

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Apr 1 22:41:49 MEST 2005

>>> "Davis, Steve" <steve.davis at eds.com> 04/01/05 3:16 PM >>>
> I have a master.cfg file which contains the following lines:
>
> WithPeak[_]: ym
> Options[_]: bits, growright
> Imagedir: /images/
> Icondir: /images/
> RunAsDaemon: yes

One problem here (well, two), you need to include
the other two "dir" directives.  Iif you use Imagedir
and Icondir, you need to use htmldir and logdir as well.
You may have these named in the configs below...

> Include: /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/router_c01.cfg
> Include: /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/router_c02.cfg
> Include: /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/switch_a01.cfg
> Include: /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/switch_a05.cfg
> Include: /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/switch_a06.cfg
>
> When I execute "mrtg master.cfg" I see the typical
> "bash-2.05$ Daemonizing MRTG ..." but the included
> files don't seem to be updating.  I can run each one
> individually and it seems to work ok.  I have over a
> hundred devices and don't want to run a different
> process for each one of them.  Can someone
> throw me a bone?

There's no need for that silliness.  The files shouldn't
update.  The resulting log or rrd files should.  Are the
timestamps not current?

Paul