[mrtg] Re: One Master Config versus Several

William Owen william.owen at profilesmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:53:18 MEST 2005

I do the inverse of the master.cfg.  I create an include.cfg and place an
Include: include.cfg at the top of each of my device config files.  This way
you can still standardize all of the things like html, log and image
directories as well as where RRDTool is installed without having to have all
of your configs launched via a single process.  You can then spread the
configs out via cron or whatever you like in order to prevent them all from
running at the same time.  Also, if you are running in an M$ environment
that does not allow for forks, it gives you the ability to run two (or more)
configs at the same time in parallel processes.