[mrtg] Adding an SNMP port using cfgmaker

Shane Presley shane.presley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:21:10 MEST 2005

Hello list,

Thanks for all your help with my counter problem.

Next question is hopefully simple.  I'm using cfgmaker to dynamically
build my configurations, so that I can easily add more servers.  My
cfgmaker script looks like...

cfgmaker --output=/etc/mrtg/sunservers.cfg --dns-domain=my.domain.com
--community=mycommunity --ifdesc=alias --global "NoMib2: Yes" --global
"WorkDir: /var/www/html/mrtg-data/" --global "LoadMIBs:
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt,
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.txt,
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/SNMPv2-MIB.txt,
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-DISKIO-MIB.txt"
--host-template=sunservers.template server1 server2 server3 etc

My question is, I'll be moving SNMP from udp161 to udp162.  I know in
my target definition I can just use :162 and it works.  But where
would I put that in this example:  If I use server1:162, the target
becomes server1:162.my.domain.

Looking at the man pages for cfgmaker, it appears to be
--snmp-options.  But I just wasn't sure if I needed the entire line,
or just

--snmp-options=:162

Thanks,
Shane