[mrtg] Re: Cutting the graph at a specific value

Tim mrtg at fardell.com
Wed Apr 13 20:19:17 MEST 2005

Guillermo Hechem wrote:
> By "ignore" I mean that the backup process just doesn´t appear in the graph.
> It´s as if there wasn´t any traffic in the interface at that time.
> What I want is to see that backup traffic, which normally rises to 8 MB, but
> only up to 1 MB, so as to be able to appreciate the rest of the traffic.
>
> Hope it´s clear now.

I have exactly the same problem, and I know exactly what you want to do!

What you mean is that you want to fix the y-axis scale to 0-1MB, and "clip" the
graph if it goes off the scale.

Unfortunately, the MRTG guru in work says this cannot be done with straight
mrtg, although he thinks it may be possible using rrdtool, but didn't offer a
solution :-(