[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker vs cisco 6506

Nagy, Boldizsar (G/FI-1) Boldizsar.Nagy at audi.hu
Fri Apr 15 08:23:35 MEST 2005

Hi Natalie!

> Nagy - I just had this error the other day when trying to add
> a new router to our mrtg graphs, do a sho snmp on the router
> - if it shows failed community string - change the community

What do You mean with "failed comm..."?

Here is a 'sho snmp' of a router for which cfgmaker works:
RMON:                       Enabled
Extended RMON Netflow Enabled : None.
Memory usage limit for new RMON entries: 85 percent
Traps Enabled: auth,bridge,chassis,config,entity,ippermit,module,port,stpx,
syslog,system,vmps,vtp
Port Traps Enabled: 1/1-2,2/1-8,3/1-8

Community-Access     Community-String
----------------     --------------------
read-only            xyz
read-write           abc
read-write-all       cba

Trap-Rec-Address Trap-Rec-Community Trap-Rec-Port Trap-Rec-Owner
Trap-Rec-Index
---------------- ------------------ ------------- --------------
--------------
mgmt02		 public                 162      root at huaudigsmgmt02 [  1

This config is not working:
SNMP:                       Enabled
RMON:                       Enabled
Extended RMON Netflow Enabled : None.
Memory usage limit for new RMON entries: 85 percent
EngineId: 00:00:00:09:00:11:bc:67:c0:00:00:00
Chassis Alias:
Traps Enabled: auth,bridge,chassis,config,entity,ippermit,module,port,stpx,
syslog,vmps,vtp
Port Traps Enabled: 1/1-2,2/1-48,3/1-48,4/1-48

Community-Access     Community-String
----------------     --------------------
read-only            xyz
read-write           abc
read-write-all       cba

Additional-                         Access-
Community-String     Access-Type    Number  View
-------------------- -------------- -------

Trap-Rec-Address Trap-Rec-Community Trap-Rec-Port Trap-Rec-Owner
Trap-Rec-Index
mgmt02		 public                 162      root at huaudigsmgmt02    1

Shall I only add a new community string?

Regards
         Boldizsar

computer.