[mrtg] Re: FW: Nortel ARN & FrameRelay - MaxBytes?

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Tue Aug 30 17:36:04 MEST 2005

All you need to do in most cases (for basic serial links) is divide the
Mbps by 8 for MaxBytes, so for 2 Mb/s you'd get 250000 for MaxBytes.
That's doesn't allow for any protocol overhead or anything like that, so
you'll never see 100% utilization (at least not for just payload), but
it's something of an MRTG "standard" to do it that way.

     -Bill