[mrtg] Max, Average, and Current statistics not updating on Daily Graph

Vincent Aniello vincent.aniello at pipelinefinancial.com
Sat Dec 3 19:57:11 MET 2005

I recently upgraded from MRTG 2.10.15 to 2.12.2 and from RRDTool 1.0.49
to 1.2.11.

Since the upgrade I am having problems with the Max, Average, and
Current statistics under the Daily graph not being updated on all of the
targets I am monitoring.  The graph itself is being updated, but not the
numbers underneath the graph.

Here is what I am seeing on the Daily graph:

Max In: b/s Average In: b/s Current In: b/s
Max Out: b/s Average Out: b/s Current Out: b/s

The Max, Average, and Current statistics under the Weekly, Monthly, and
Yearly graphs are being updated.

For example the Weekly statistics are:

Max In: 1400.8 kb/s (91.2%) Average In: 106.3 kb/s (6.9%) Current In:
32.3 kb/s (2.1%)
Max Out: 139.4 kb/s (9.1%) Average Out: 18.1 kb/s (1.2%) Current Out:
16.5 kb/s (1.1%)

Can anyone tell me what could be causing this problem on the Daily
statistics?  It happens on targets that existed at the time of the
upgrade and new ones that I added after the upgrade.

Thanks.

--Vincent