[mrtg] Stymied by cfgmaker output in my reports

Scott Haneda lists at newgeo.com
Tue Dec 6 02:09:49 MET 2005

I just learned you have to put your --options before the router name, so I
am onto something here:

sudo /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker --ifdesc=name --ifref=name --no-down
--global 'WorkDir: /Library/WebServer/Documents/mrtg/http' --global
'Options[_]: bits,growright' --output
/Library/WebServer/Documents/mrtg/cfg/me.cfg private at me

This almost gets me where I want, in the mrtg detail report, I get a vale in
the html for description.

'secondport' is something I set in the switch, so we are polling that, which
is good.  Now, I can not get other than gx where x is the port number for
ifName, no matter, I just want to populate it with the description on the
main index page that shows all my interfaces.

What do I set to the "1. #g1 --" on the main index page can pick up the
description name?