[mrtg] Ok, this is fun, how can I monitor arbitrary data now

Scott Haneda lists at newgeo.com
Tue Dec 6 10:07:34 MET 2005

I am just getting the hang of mrtg and getting it to look at my switch how I
want it, but I am thinking, there must be other stuff I can watch.

I am running this on OS X, I found I can access the CPU temp sensors via
command line, so, are there any beginner steps on how to properly format
this data in a way MRTG will chart it.

I may also want to look at my email server, for which it is an off OS X
version, and about the only data I can get to is the logs, any suggestions?
Or, can I simply tell mrtg to watch port 110 for example on a certain
machine?

Thanks.