[mrtg] Re: Base logic for external arbitrary data to mrtg

Dowling, Steve Steve.Dowling at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Dec 7 04:58:59 MET 2005

Scott,

One thing you can do is to poll at the (default) interval of 5 mins
(300 sec) and just multiply the retrieved data by 300.  This will give
you the number of emails sent/received per 'interval'.  Clunky, but
it works.

Dig through
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-reference.html
and maybe pay particular attention to the section
"Multi Target Syntax".  It got me started on mathematical operations
in mrtg.

SD