[mrtg] Re: interfacename in index.html

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Tue Dec 13 01:18:15 MET 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

> Hey all.  Is there a way to get the nice interface descriptions I've set
> on all my switch ports to be used in the indexmaker-generated index page?

Duh, nevermind.

#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/bin/cfgmaker --no-down --ifdesc=descr --global "Workdir:
/home/mrtg/public_html2" --global "Options[_]: growright, bits"
--output=/home/mrtg/newmrtg.cfg public at sw1 >
/dev/null 2>&1

/usr/local/bin/indexmaker --columns=1 --section=descr
--output=/home/mrtg/public_html2/index.html \
/home/mrtg/newmrtg.cfg > /dev/null 2>&1

Runs nightly :)

> -Dan
>
> --

"Hey, call me anything you like.  I'm Dan to my friends, gushi to my
close friends, 'hey, you' to my girlfriend, 'mrrow?' to my cat, and 'why
the hell is the router on fire?' to my job.

-Dan Mahoney
  12/2/02