[mrtg] cfgmaker - "cleanhostkey" error & mrtg - "undefined subroutine" error

Darko Cabro dark at logikom.net
Tue Dec 13 11:16:06 MET 2005

I've recently upgraded to the latest version of mrtg (been using
2.10.something for about 3 months without problems) and tried to use the
old config files, but unsuccessfuly.
I had the following error in mrtg log file:

Undefined subroutine &main::readfromcache called at /usr/bin/mrtg line 1854.

After that I've tried to create a new config file but got a new error
with cfgmaker :

Can't locate object method "cleanhostkey" via package "communitym at host:"
(perhaps you forgot to load "community at host:"?) at /usr/bin/cfgmaker
line 227.

Tried cfgmaker with only needed options but still getting the same error.

Community and host values are correct, and snmpwalk command is working
properly for that host.

Using perl version 5.8.5, and have libpng, gd and zlib libraries.. Mrtg
installation was successful without errors.. (source install with only
prefix specified).

So, any ideas on this problem?
Any help appreciated.

Regards,