[mrtg] Re: Options[Target]: growright, bits Questions

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Dec 23 03:12:06 MET 2005

If you don't want to apply that formatting to every target in the
config, yes.  If you want to do it globally in the config, do:

Options[_]: growright,bits

at the top of the config file.  Note that when you have another
Options tag, the above Options are reset to "factory default."
Search on "Default Values" in the configuration reference
for more detail on this.

Paul

>>> "Jonathan Carpenter" <jonathan.carpenter at gmail.com> 12/22/05 8:35
PM >>>
I am working on graphing several routers and access servers. I noticed
that
I was graphing bytes instead of bits. I added this line
Options[127.0.0.1_1]: growright, bits

to my mrtg.conf but I have several interfaces. Do I have to create a
seperate line for each for example
Options[127.0.0.1_1]: growright, bits
Options[127.0.0.1_2]: growright, bits
Options[127.0.0.1_3]: growright, bits
Options[127.0.0.1_4]: growright, bits

to reference each target, or is there some other way to tell it that I
want
all targets to use the growright, bits options?

                          Thanks,
--
Jonathan Carpenter
Linux System Administrator