[mrtg] Re: mrtg, extOutput.1, snmp

Bill admin at vci.net
Fri Dec 30 15:30:39 MET 2005

    Thanks for the help. I figured out what it was. When I used a Perl
script to telnet to the mail server and get the stats I had the Perl script
get the difference in the messages transferred over the past 5 minutes. So I
had the MaxBytes set to 1000. With this method the difference is not
calculated so the MaxBytes was too low.

    I also had the "Option: gauge" set so I had to remove that option.

    Also, I tried the debugging specified below but my MRTG says it doesn't
know that option. I have the MRTG that came with RedHat 9. it is version
2.9.17-13

      Bill