[mrtg] Re: mrtg, extOutput.1, snmp

VCI Help Desk admin at vci.net
Fri Dec 30 20:34:30 MET 2005

    Apparently, I still have something wrong and I can't find it. Here's
what I have in mrtg.cfg  The values that I get thru SNMP are the mailstats
that are constantly incrementing and do not reset. When I view the graph it
says the past 5 minutes there were .5 messages sent. This should be about
200 messages.

    I believe the problem is MRTG is calculating the difference between the
values retrieved over the last 5 minutes and dividing that by 300 seconds.
Is there some way I can tell it to not divide by 300? Does this right?

Target[test]: extOutput.1&extOutput.2:xxxsnmp at smtp.xx.xxx
Title[test]: smtp Sendmail Statistics
PageTop[test]: <h1>smtp Sendmail Statistics</H1>
MaxBytes[test]: 1000
Options[test]: growright, nopercent

Target[test2]: extOutput.1&extOutput.2:xxxsnmp at smtp2.xx.xxx
Title[test2]: smtp2 Sendmail Statistics
PageTop[test2]: <h1>smtp2 Sendmail Statistics</H1>
MaxBytes[test2]: 1000
Options[test2]: growright, nopercent

      Bill