[mrtg] ISDN Interface Monitoring

Brad Jones (SC) bradj at bkentertainment.com
Wed Feb 9 20:10:21 MET 2005

Greeting,
I have recently received a $26,000 USD bill from my ISDN carrier.
We employ 128k ISDN circuit at key remote branches to backup a VPN
tunnel.
As the result of a router misconfiguration, the ISDN circuit was
dialing-up the head office router every 2 minutes for the last month.
Unfortunately, international toll charges applied.  :(

Does anyone know of a SNMP application that will monitor the ISDN
interface on the remote router and send a notification (pager or email)
when that interface is up?  I've looked at CiscoWorks, but the cost is
too much.

Not sure if there is something in MRTG that can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance you your help!

-Brad