[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker problem-- errors from a non-responsive host in config for responsive host

Steve Bonds 388rzvl02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Feb 11 22:49:52 MET 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:05:29 -0500, Mike Mitchell wrote:

> While the first part does hard set the community to "public", the second part will use the
> community string passed in as a "community at host" argument.

Thanks for the clarification, Mike.  My misunderstanding of this code
made me think that this was erroring out, which ultimately led to my
finding that improperly initialized SNMP_Session variable.  Good thing
I didn't read it right, eh?  ;-)

Hopefully the patch to fix the improperly initialized variable will
make its way into the base MRTG distro so I can remove it from my
custom MRTG patch list.

  -- Steve