[mrtg] Re: subtruction

Eric Brander eric_mailing_list at rednarb.com
Wed Feb 23 14:14:05 MET 2005

Melih Turan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Would you please help me about the problem below.
>
>The config file looks like:
>
>Target[vpop]: \Virtual-Access1:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +
>\Virtual-Access2:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +
>\Virtual-Access3:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +

~snip~

Try using the OIDs instead. Also, I don't know what \Virtual-Access1 is
but I'm not sure its 2 items to graph. If you're trying to poll the
interface by name, then it doesn't appear that you have the correct syntax.

Check out the sections "Explicit OIDs", "MIB Variables", and "Interface
by Name" in the reference.html.

If it truly is a problem with the - sign, maybe try escaping it with a
"\". though I doubt this will help it would be easy to try.

Good luck,

Eric Brander