[mrtg] Re: indexmaker filter name question

Takumi Yamane yamtak at b-session.com
Thu Feb 24 20:16:16 MET 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:12:38 -0500, Shane Presley wrote
in <27ae92160502240512621ff51f at mail.gmail.com>:

>> --filter 'name=~^host$'
>>
>> 'man perlre' for more details.
>
> That's basically what I'm longer for...how to setup the regular
> expression.  But --filter 'name=~^host$' returns a page with no
> hosts.

It works fine for me.
I think you just specified wrong 'name'.

For example, I have these target lines in my cfg:
Target[th-ntpd]: procNumNTPd&procNumNTPd:cs at th:
Target[th-squid]: procNumSquid&procNumSquid:cs at th:
Target[th-httpd]: procNumHTTPd&procNumHTTPd:cs at th:

Then, this command generates index with exactly 1 entry(th-squid):
indexmaker --output squid.html --filter 'name=~^th-squid$' cfg

I believe it is supported since MRTG 2.9 series.

--
Takumi Yamane <yamtak at b-session.com>