[mrtg] Re: mrtg-rrd.cgi - Multiple Config Files

Eric Brander eric_mailing_list at rednarb.com
Thu Jan 6 16:09:20 MET 2005

Peter P. Benac wrote:

>I did something very similar at a client site, because I know they would be
>adding and deleting config files after I left.
>
>Yes it is possible. Therefore, the question becomes do you know enough Perl
>to make it happen?

Short answer: No.

I'm able to pull the @config_files variable from the URI, but after that
the script implodes because ~I think~ it does its own URI rewriting as
you drill down to graphs.  I'm new to perl, and just figuring out how to
use QUERY_STRING has taken me a couple hours... figuring out how to hack
the rest of the script to handle it just seems overwhelming now.

And no offense to Steve, but Routers2 just doesn't fit the bill in this
environment. I'm forced to run Windows unless I spend tons of hours
converting (I use Perfmon on dozens of windows machines for instance).
CGI just runs too damn slow on IIS, so the more simple the better.

Anyway, I'm frustrated. I don't have time to learn Perl, and I'm
contemplating going back to RateUp. =/

Ciao,

Eric Brander