[mrtg] Re: Reducing utilisation results

Chuck.Coker at rcc.edu Chuck.Coker at rcc.edu
Wed Jan 12 23:44:47 MET 2005

GG> Just wondering if anyone has a solution to the following issue.
GG> I have a fairly large html page generated by Indexmaker. When the
GG> page does the 5 min refresh it gets reset back to the top of the
GG> page. This is annoying if I want to watch a graph over time that is
GG> down the page a bit. Does anyone know what html code can be used to
GG> put the page back to it's scrolled position after the auto refresh.
GG> Note if you force a refresh by clicking the refresh button it will
GG> do this.

You should be able to modify your script that generates the HTML page to
add NAME tags at each graph like this:

<A NAME="10.xxx.xxx.7_fa_12"></a>
<A HREF="my-html-page.html#10.xxx.xxx.7_fa_12">Click here to view this
graph after refresh</A>

Then click the "Click here ..." link to have the page always refresh to
the same graph.

Caution: I'm very new to MRTG, but I think that something along these
lines should work for you.

Chuck Coker
Information Services
Riverside Community College
4800 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, California 92506, United States
Email: chuck.coker at rcc.edu
Cell: +1 951 830 8068
Desk: +1 951 222 8759