[mrtg] Strange graph behavior

Andrew Metcalf andrew.metcalf at natnet.com
Mon Jan 17 18:32:33 MET 2005

Hello All,
I'm running mrtg 2.9.25 on a linux 2.4 box. Graphs are working great, except
for graphs that go over 2gb/s. Basically when the traffic peaks that high
the graph turn is IN color (blue in our case) to fill up the entire graph
and then the scale reverts to a max of 4.0 bits per second. That is to say,
the traffic line being graphed doesn't "move" upwards, rather the entire
graph image between the axes is solid blue. The numbers are correct, ie the
max, average, and current numbers are correct. I am using the 64 bit
counters for these interfaces, and I have increased the MaxBytes. Other
graphs that don't get to 2gb/s are fine.

Any other ideas? Could this be a GD issue? (we are not using rrd as a
backend).

Thanks
andrew