[mrtg] Re: Displaying "whole" values

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jan 23 22:15:40 MET 2005

Tendolkar Mohit wrote:
>When graphing objects like "Users connected to a Web server",
>or "FTP connections to a server", or "DB transactions blocked"
>or items like these which are always "whole numbers" rather
>than floaters, how do I instruct MRTG to do its averaging math
>so that I see the numbers on the graphs as whole numbers
>rather than real numbers that I currently get like 27m Users
>and 4u Connections...
If using routers.cgi as your frontend, you can add the option:

routers.cgi*Options[targetname]: fixunit

to prevent the milli- prefix and its siblings.  You can also add the
'integer' option to make sure you always get whole numbers instead of
decimals.

Normal MRTG supports the integer option, but not the fixunit option.  I
don't know about the other frontends.

Value: 0.987
No options: 987 m
integer   : 1
fixunit   : 0.99 (keeps to 2 decimal places)
fixunit, integer : 1

Value: 1234.567
No options: 1.23 k
integer   : 1.23 k
fixunit   : 1234.56
fixunit, integer : 1235

HTH

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes