[mrtg] Re: Monitor Solaris CPU from MRTG

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 25 21:18:38 MET 2005

>To add, you do this:
>OID1&OID2 + OID3&OID4 = OID1+OID3, OID2+OID4...
>Paul
>PM >>>
>I want to add system and user stats together. Should I use &
>between the 2 OIDs like this:

A quick plug to add here --

If you use RRDTool and the routers2.cgi frontend, then you can define two
separate targets, and then define a UserDefined graph over them both with
type 'stacked'.  You will then be able to get a nice stacked graph with 2
(or 3, or more) separate sections, allowing you to get user+system+wait.
Also tell it to calculate the total and you get a graph similar to the ones
on the routers2.cgi example system at
http://www.steveshipway.org/cgi-bin/routers2.pl?rtr=hosts%2Fhost-a.cfg&xgtyp
e=d&if=_CPU
 (see Device host-a, Target CPU)