[mrtg] Fully integrated monitoring

Brian Atkins batkins at tlcdelivers.com
Wed Jul 6 19:52:26 MEST 2005

Greetings,

I am really just beginning to scratch the surface of MRTG and am
currently using it to successfully monitor numerous network devices on
my LAN.  What I would really like to do is make it act more like an
early warning device.

Is there a way to specify threashholds and use that to manipulate the
colors of the graphs?  If so:

1. Is there a way to specify multiple threashholds (i.e., cpu exceeds
60%, turn the graph orange, 90% turns graph red,...).
2. Is there a way to mail a warning notification?

I'm assuming that these would pretty much go hand in hand and would
require custom shell/perl scripting to accomplish.

Thanks,

--
Brian

"An adventure is never an adventure