[mrtg] using relative path for workdir in mrtg.cfg

Thomas Nöbel thomas at noebel.org
Fri Jul 15 17:22:37 MEST 2005

Hi MRTG-list,

I was thinking how to configure the mrtg.cfg i.o. to use a relative path for
the workdir running under Windows oS (yes, I know :-):

using:
WorkDir: c:\workdir
works just fine

but using

WorkDir: myworkdir
won't work

What happens?
The myworkdir folder exists, when I'm starting mrtg, two things happen:
The files:
cpu_load_local_pc.log
mrtg-l.png
mrtg-m.png
mrtg-r.png

are written exactly where they suppose to be, relative to the folder from
which I've started

and MRTG reports:
Rateup Error: Can't open myworkdir\cpu_load_local_pc-day.png for write

Anyone any idea how to use a relative path for the workdir directive?

Thanx in advance

Thomas Nöbel

mrtg at noebel.org

"military intelligence is a contradiction in terms"

-- Groucho Marx --