[mrtg] newbie question rrdtool startup issu

Lee Christie lee.t.christie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:44:26 MEST 2005

MRTG Host:
Windows 2000
MRTG Target:
Cisco 2600

I downloaded RRDTool and ran the install.cmd.  I then opened up my
existing .cfg file and added RunAsDaemon: yes and paths to the exe &
lib.

I can run perl mrtg xxx.cfg.  The application pops up in a DOS window
once closed MRTG dies it does create the required rrd files.  I tried
creating the shortcut in my Startup folder for wperl.exe, so it will
continually run in the background, which works when no rrd lines are
in the config.  I changed the Target: to the d:\perl\bin\wperl.exe
mrtg --logging=eventlog ***.cfg and my Start In: to where the config
file is located.

This report back an error 1000 in the event log Can't find string
terminator ")" anywhere before EOF at (eval 9) line 1.

Probably a simple answer to this but I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks,