[mrtg] Problems evaluating data

Christopher Croot c.croot at novastream.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 23:26:32 MEST 2005

I am trying to retrieve some DSL statistics from a DSLAM using MRTG and am
finding that a lot of the parameters retrieved are show that they failed
to resolve
to valid data.

If I send the SMNP get from UCD-SNMP or Castlerock SNMPc, then it
responds with a valid data. (I am trying to retrieve the
adslAtucPerfDataPrev1DayInits).

Other statistics such as line attenuation and margin are correctly
gathered. Using
Ethereal to snoop the comms, the GET pdu appears to be formatted
correctly and
only differs from those that are working by the specific OID that I want
to retrieve.
When looking at the associated RESPONSE PDU, then it shows in the decode
that STATUS is showing as GENERIC ERROR (5). When snooping the SNMPc
GET and RESPONSE, the STATUS is OK and the only difference is the one GET
in the PDU rather than the 4 GETS per PDU sent in the mrtg PDU.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris.