[mrtg] Re: Increasing interval problem

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jun 24 20:49:05 MEST 2005

What is your Interval setting set to?

That should be set in your config files.  I think you
also need that to be set during the creation of
your log files (if on old .log files) to be set properly.
Although I may be wrong on that one.

Simply adjusting the polling without setting the
Interval: option doesn't do much, other than lower the
utlization statistics.

Paul

>>> Jon <jonsml at gmail.com> 06/24/05 2:40 PM >>>
Hi all,
I'm currently having problems setting the interval value beyond 10
minutes.

My system is:
Windows 2003
Mrtg 2.11.1
Rrdtool 1.0.49
Routers2 2.14

While everything else works great except when I want to increase the
interval to 30 minutes.  First I use a schedule task to call mrtg every
30
minutes but that didn't work.  Then I use wperl and 'RunAsDaemon' mode
run it as a background service and it still didn't work.  So I kept
lowering
the interval and it worked with 10 minutes interval.

Thanks,

Jon