[mrtg] Re: Capabilities of mrtg

Garth Williams garth.williams at wtcs.org
Wed Jun 29 17:34:07 MEST 2005

How about this plan:

1) Figure out what metrics you want to track on your servers, and routers
2) Enable SNMP support on everything you want to monitor
3) Determine the OIDs that correspond with the metrics you want to track on
your devices
   (Get MIBS for the target devices you have, browse them, and get the
required OIDs)
4) Create MRTG cfg files containing those OIDs on the Target[]: line
5) Revel in your new-found insight into the inner workings of the network
6) Use the FORCE, Rudy.  Use the FORCE!

Garth

<SNIP>
Blah, Blah, Blah.  MRTG is cool (we all think so too!)
Blah, Blah ... Need more detail (and don't we all?) ....
Blah, Blah Blah ... Is there somebody who has  some suggestion?  (look up!)
</SNIP>