[mrtg] templates

Bill Matthews bill.matthews at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:48:55 MET 2005

Hello,

New mrtg user here.  I have a question similar to what mr. presley just asked.

I have 100+ servers running net-snmp, and i'm using mrtg to graph a
bunch of things.  So for one host, i have  8 graphs.  So that's 800
target statements if I setup my mrtg config file by hand.

I assume there's a better way to do this using configmaker.  But
looking through the configmaker man pages, it seems focused on
switches/routers.  Can anyone give me an overview of how templates
work?  Basically I want to provide one template with my 8 graphs, a
list of my 100 servers, and have configmaker do the rest :-)

Thx,
BM