[mrtg] Re: Hi, new to MRTG, having some problems

Anson Rinesmith arinesmith at bigrivertelephone.com
Fri Mar 11 23:16:25 MET 2005

It creates 7 files for each interface it monitors
So interface 120, that you gave will have an image for day, week, month and
year. It also creates an html file, a log file, and a 'backup' log file
(old).

The images 10.0.6.1_120-day(week, month, year).png will not get larger in
size. Neither will the .html file. I have noticed my log and old files
getting slightly larger, but not much, since they are prefilled with 0 data.

I monitor multiple Cisco 7200 routers, some Multi Access Line Concentrators
(1000 interfaces) and some DSLAMS. All of this has been running for over a
year and is only 26Mb.