[mrtg] Re: Different values in graphics

Peter Glanville Peter_Glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 15:34:05 MET 2005

> My daily graphic has a 4Mb/sec peak but the weekly, monthly and anual
graphics shows different peak values.
> What I want is the same 4Mb/sec peak value for all year,month,week,daily
graphics, how can I solve this?
> I tried the unscaled, gauge, absolute options but nothing seem to help.
>
> PS: Sorry My bad english
I suspect that what you mean is the vertical scale of the graph, rather
than the peak value of the line.

If you use unscaled, the graph will show up to MaxBytes on the vertical
axis.
If you leave unscaled out, each graph will adjust itself according to the
plot points in the graph. But if your Maxbytes is MUCH bigger than 4Mb the
line will disappear at the bottom of the graph.
One way is to set Maxbytes to 4M and AbsMax to the maximum pipe size. This
gives the graph you want, but the calculated percentages are based on
Maxbytes and will therefore be wrong.

Peter