[mrtg] y-axis unscaled "0.00" bug in 14all.cgi, and old RRDTool versions

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Mon May 9 18:13:52 MEST 2005

Hi,

I've found a few people in the archives with the same problem but no
real answers in the archive, so I'm posting my results here for
posterity.

When using the "unscaled" option on a MRTG config file, and displaying
the data with 14all.cgi, the numbers on the "y" axis all show up as
"0.00" or "-0.00".  This did not happen when using older versions of
MRTG & RRDtool.

I installed multiple versions of RRDTool, looking for where the
problem started.

14all.cgi with RRDTool 1.0.46 and earlier did not have this problem.

14all.cgi with RRDTool 1.0.47 had the problem.

I know that RRDTool has undergone many enhancements and improvements
in the last year and a half, but is there anything critical that would
prevent me from using 1.0.46?

I understand that various people recommend tools other than 14all.cgi,
but for those of us who find that 14all.cgi meets our requirements,
this is good to know.  (Personally, I need a tool that will let me
give a particular MRTG.cfg as an option on the command line or URL; it
seems that all the replacements require a separate script for each cfg
file.)

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
	       Latest book: Cisco Routers for the Desperate