[mrtg] Problem trying monnitoring AP

Janet eterrone at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 17:09:24 MEST 2005

Hi, I have a problem, i want monitoring my AP wrt54g,
where i have alchemy firmware and it has the snmp
option, so I installed mrtg in a windows pc without
problem but when i use the cfgmaker to create the
configuration file, It give me an error, i don't know
if it has relation with the ap configuration or
something with mrtg options, i have tried to find
information that can help but i haven't could resolve
the problem, i show you the alchemy options and the
mrtg error message(win PC) below:

*Alchemy options (I'm not sure what i have to type
there, i don't know if this is right)

Location:xx.yy.zz.ww <ap's ip, managed element>
Contact: root
Name: <ap domanin name>
RO Community: public
RW Community: private

* mrtg error (Windows PC)

C:\Program Files\OPENXTRA\MRTG\bin>perl cfgmaker
public at xx.yy.zz.ww --global "W
orkDir: C:\Program Files\OPENXTRA\MRTG\wwwroot
--output serve1.cfg"
--base: Get Device Info on public at xx.yy.zz.ww:
SNMP Error:
receiving response PDU: Unknown error
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xx.yy.zz.ww"
[xx.yy.zz.ww].161)
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: -901844509
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
 at C:/Program
Files/OPENXTRA/MRTG/bin\..\lib\mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line
627
SNMPWALK Problem for 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 on
public at xx.yy.zz.ww::::::v4only
 at cfgmaker line 796
WARNING: Skipping public at xx.yy.zz.ww: as no info could
be retrieve

Please, I hope someone can help me, I'm novate in
mrtg, Thanks...

Eve.