[mrtg] Re: WithPeak[Hostname]: ymwd

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Nov 2 15:09:04 MET 2005

>>> "Kangatheran, Bharathan" <BKangatheran at pta.wa.gov.au> 11/02/05 1:58
AM >>>
> Hi - Probably a very simple question for most of you.
>
> I have added "WithPeak[Hostname]: ymwd" as below
>
> 1) On most graphs W,M,Y are logged - on some - only
> M and Y are logged.
> 2) However, Peaks for daily Graphs are not logged for
> any of them ?

That is because the peaks on the w,m and y graphs ARE
the maximum daily measurements within that sampling
period.  The daily graph doesn't have peaks because
the 5 minute data points are the only samples mrtg
has to work with.  It doesn't sample any more frequently,
so the max for that period is the 5 minute value.

Take the Weekly graph for instance. For each sample
period, there are 6 values.  The max for that sample
period is simply the maximum value of those 6, while
the data point for that 30 minute section is the
computed average of the 6 values for that period.

Same for monthly and yearly.

HTH,
Paul