[mrtg] Re: WithPeak[Hostname]: ymwd

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Nov 2 16:00:36 MET 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 09:09 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> AM >>>
> > Hi - Probably a very simple question for most of you.
> >
> > I have added "WithPeak[Hostname]: ymwd" as below
> >
> > 1) On most graphs W,M,Y are logged - on some - only
> > M and Y are logged.

This will change as more graphs are redrawn.  It depends a bit on your
front-end, but the caching algorithm tends to make those changes
slowly...

> > 2) However, Peaks for daily Graphs are not logged for
> > any of them ?
>
> That is because the peaks on the w,m and y graphs ARE
> the maximum daily measurements within that sampling
> period.  The daily graph doesn't have peaks because
> the 5 minute data points are the only samples mrtg
> has to work with.  It doesn't sample any more frequently,
> so the max for that period is the 5 minute value.

If you set interval to 1 and use rrdtool/routers2, then peaks show up on
the daily graph, as the 6-hour graph becomes the baseline.
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX, CISSP # 78281
Austin Energy

dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com