[mrtg] Re: question about mrtg daemon

Peter Glanville Peter_Glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 16:54:43 MEST 2005

> Does anybody know how to make mrtg running like really service. I mean
you
> can use command "service mrtg start" and "service mrtg stop" to start
and
> stop mrtg. Now, I just use a script to run bunch of mrtg daemon at one
time.
> But if I want to restart, I have to stop them one by one manually, it's
so
> annony, especially when I test them !! :(
All the Unix people go on about Cron.
I have just moved to a new Win2003 box, and want MRTG to start
automatically without a user sign on.
So I found Cron for windows (www.kalab.com) and installed the Service
version
Configure the Cron.tab file to tell it to start MRTG avery 5 mins (do NOT
set the .cfg to RunAsDemon) and it all works, and picks up changes as you
make them.

Peter