[mrtg] [Fwd: Re: MRTG Consolidated graph]

kelsey hudson khudson at tsss.org
Mon Oct 10 18:21:25 MEST 2005

Abhishek Dewan wrote:
> Is it possible to consolidate all serial port(s) utilisation & show
> one consolidated graph instead of individual grpahs for each serial
> port?

Sure. Depends on the device itself, but if I were to do something like
that on my Cisco 2511 (which has two sync serial ports) it would look
something like this:

Target[c2500_totserial]: #Se0:public at c2500: + #Se1:public at c2500:

(that of course assumes that you will be indexing the interfaces by name
[--ifref=name in cfgmaker]).

I could do the same thing with the 8 Async serial ports if I had IP
running on them (which I do not --- still searching for an OID which
contians the relevant raw byte counters to no avail, but I digress):

Target[c2500_totasync]: #As1:public at c2500: + #As2:public at c2500: +
#As3:public at c2500: + #As4:public at c2500: + #As5:public at c2500: +
#As6:public at c2500: + #As7:public at c2500: + #As8:public at c2500:

Be sure you aggregate MaxBytes[] for that particular interface as well.

Your device may have an OID for aggregate usage, as well. You might want
to look through the vendor-supplied MIB.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

-Kelsey