[mrtg] [Fwd: Re: IN and OUT]

kelsey hudson khudson at tsss.org
Mon Oct 10 18:22:29 MEST 2005

Konstantin N. Bezruchenko wrote:
> I  use  mrtg to get stats from Cisco 3560 switch. All outgoing traffic
> from  customers  shows on graphs as incoming (this is correct, because
> for  switch  this traffic _incoming_) but customers misunderstand this
> graphs.
>
> So  how  can  i  interchange  IN and OUT values to show real bandwidth
> graphs for customers?

This is easy. All you have to do to fix this is change your target
specifier a little bit:

Change:

Target[blah]: 1:public at foo:

to read:

Target[blah]: -1:public at foo:

Notice the only change is a - sign in front of the target specifier.
That tells mrtg to swap the incoming/outgoing rate structure.

cheers.
-kelsey