[mrtg] Re: MRTG with RRDTool and 14all on Windows 2000

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 10:18:33 MEST 2005

> I am running MRTG with RRDTool on a Windows 2000 box.  I got MRTG set up
and
> [apparently] working properly with Rateup.  Then I switched to RRDTool
and
> according to the file modified times, I'm updating the databases.
However,
> when I got 14all to produce webpages I got a red box with "Error: Cannot
> Create Graph" where each of my graphs should be.  Can anyone help?
When I tried 14all in my Windoze environment I had to do some extensive
playing with the path formats. Do you put in drive letters, leading
slashes, and forward or backslashes. Can't remember the correct variation,
and not sure if it was the same in each instance.
I ended up changing to Routers2.cgi which I now think is much better

> Also, I'm monitoring the CPU, memory (virtual, physical, HDD), and data
rate
>(ethernet comms usage) of the server with MRTG.
<SNIP>
> Memory is always a flatline 0, however.
<snip>

The obvious fault there, is are you using the gauge option? If not, you're
measuring the rate of change of memory, which will be low.

Peter