[mrtg] FW: cpu monitoring in windows

Dijk, Sebastian van sebastian.van.dijk at vecozo.com
Thu Sep 15 16:14:41 MEST 2005

Hi,

Since some months now we use mrtg to monitor some performance
components.
As we had some trouble using snmp we used to have the windows
performance monitor to collect the data.

Now we want to start using the snmp counters.
As i've read in this mailing list, the standard microsoft snmp is crap.
So i installed snmp informant.

After installing snmp informant i found the following id for the
processor usage
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9600.1.1.5.1.5
(.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.wtcs.informant.standard.proce
ssorTable.processorEntry.cpuPercentProcessorTime)

But we have a Dell server with 2 processor's, how can i specify the both
processors in my MRTG config line ?

Normally this is used : uid&oid:community at ip but i don't know how to
identify processor 1 and 2(and the virtual 3 and 4 because of the
hyperthreading).

And even more, i'd like to have the average of processor 1 and 2, so i
have only 1 graph.

Can anyone help me ? As i can't find a clear answer on the net :(

Met vriendelijke groet,

Sebastian van Dijk