[mrtg] Large and Multiple mrtg configurations

Cliff Cole cliffc at ibbs.com
Thu Sep 15 17:41:31 MEST 2005

Hello all

I am managing some large mrtg config files.  These files range from 1-2 MB a
piece with a lot of different graphs for internet circuits we manage.  I
would say we manage around 1000 different circuits which all have graphs
plus some custom graphs customers want to see per their site. I would like
to get some input on how other people manage their configuration.  I've yet
to find anything to automate mrtg a little better.  It is kind of a manual
process for me.  Also, do you run your config as a Daemon or use cron to
execute the mrtg?  Does anyone know of any type of management software
(preferably opensource) that would help manage these configs.  Any input is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cliff