[mrtg] mrtg slow

Richard F. Hart II rhart at cnu.edu
Tue Sep 27 19:43:57 MEST 2005

I am running mrtg/rrd on the linux/Unix platform. The computer that I
have running it, is very slow when implementing mrtg with crontab. I
only have 110 lines in crontab and the computer is almost nonrepsonsive.
I have little experience in writing scripts for Unix/linux, but I would
like to write a script and place it in rc I know I have to have the
RunAsDaemon in each config file equal to yes. Could someone who is
running mrtg using a script in rc, send me an example of the script that
you use to run mrtg every five minutes?
Thank you,
Richard

--