[mrtg] Re: How would you handle this?

McGlinchy, Alistair Alistair.McGlinchy at marks-and-spencer.com
Tue Sep 27 21:44:38 MEST 2005

Jeremy,
>  So I'm currently graphing a bunch of counters for Bea
> Weblogic. The way
> I have to do it now is by taking the exact OID like
> "1.3.6.1.4.1.140.625.180.1.40.32.102.57.52.51.98.52.50.102.56.
> 57.48.55.4
> 8.52.54.48.52.52.56.52.97.53.100.51.50.48.49.101.56.102.99.49" and
> graphing it. Problem is, when you add nodes, move priorities around,
> reboot in a different order, etc those OIDs will break.

I have a similar problem monitoring the IPSec tunnels on a VPN
Concentrator. You never know who is on-line and what IP address they are
using until they connect, so I cannot be sure the OID to poll is
present. To solve this I have a Get_IP_Sec.pl script which uses
Net::SNMP to walk the connection table looking for the peers I am
interested in.

So my targets look like this:
Target[$target]: `perl Get_IP_Sec.pl $router_ip $community $dest_peer`

I would post you that code, but there are several problems with SNMP on
the VPN Concentrators (and some icky work arounds) so instead I have
attached script I use to poll the number of active wireless users on the
Axon switch, along with the most populated access point. Which is sort
of what you want anyway.

HTH

Alistair

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer plc
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

<<www.marksandspencer.com>>

-- Type: application/octet-stream