[mrtg] Re: Chop MRTG graph

Rajendra Adhikari rajendra at subisu.net.np
Wed Apr 5 06:42:48 MEST 2006

Okay, It is actually target_1 for all.
However, my problem still persist.

I would like to explain my problem once again.

I have a 100Mbps link. The traffic expected at the link is usually
128kbps. However, sometimes I receive spikes of more than 10Mbps. This
overshadow the actaul traffic of 128kbps or less. So I have to manually
delete the high value in the mrtg log. I had an idea about setting the
MaxBytes to 128kbps and AbsMax to 256kbps. Very rarely I get the traffic
of 10Mbps. With this setting, whenever I get the traffic of 10Mbps the
mrtg records 0 value. Is there a way I could chop the 10Mbps traffic to
256kbps , not zero?

Thanks for your kind responce.

Best Regds,
Rajendra Adhikari