[mrtg] Re: routers2.cgi and apache authentication

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 2 23:41:01 MEST 2006

>    I am using routers2.cgi with mrtg.  I am running Apache
> 2.2.0.  I enabled authentication for the entire document
> directory and now when I access routers2.cgi it keeps
> prompting the username and password for each graphic load.
> Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Thanks for any
> information.

This could mean that you've not set the authentication up correctly with
the same realm on all directories (and in any case, you only *really*
need to have authentication set on the routers2.cgi script) or else
(more likely) you have a time synch problem between your web server and
browser.  Auth cookies can have times set, so make sure your web server
and client both have the clocks set right.

Steve