[mrtg] Re: Setup advice for ATM PVCs

Meurer, Jason JMeurer at KHOV.COM
Fri Dec 15 02:04:51 MET 2006

Here's a cfg file for my ATM as an example, best bet is to get
accustomed to config maker.  400 interfaces will not overwhelm if it is
dedicated.  I am running several thousand on a virtual server.

Thanks,
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch]
On Behalf Of Bill Green dfn Systems
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:35 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Setup advice for ATM PVCs

Let me start by saying I'm new to MRTG. I have managed to get a basic
working setup on a Win2000 server, and have been monitoring (lurking)
this mailing list to try to learn for a few weeks.

My goal is to graph usage on a Cisco Router of about 400 ATM PVCs on a
multiport sub-interface. I have working graphs on the ethernet
interfaces, and sub-interface totals, but have not been able to
configure a cfg file to graph individual PVCs.

Is there a place where I might be able to see examples of cfg files, or
better yet, has someone on this list done this?

Also, will 400 interfaces overwhelm my PIII server?

Bill Green
dfn Systems

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Desc: 10.156.4.10.cfg